Monday, March 29, 2010

Susan Murphy and Art House


Several weeks ago I met Susan Murphy from Sandy Spring, MD and got to see the most lovely art studio/gallery I've ever seen. About a year ago, the Gazette newspaper ran an article on Susan's gallery and I was so impressed and envious that I cut out that article and photos for my cork board, wishing "some day maybe ..." (to have such a studio )
I mean...LOOK AT THIS PLACE !
Fastforeward to this year and the Baltimore Water Color Society. I agreed to help line up workshops for the BWS in the next three years. I didn't know at the time I would be working with Susan and had quite forgotten about the article. The more I listened to her the more she seemed familar and then it all clicked to why I knew her.



Well, COLOR ME GITTY ! Not only is Susan an energetic volunteer and marvelously talented artist. She's an excellant teacher, open, funny,interesting person and she has two black cats ! ( Don't we all !? )

The Art House Gallery /Studio/School offers classes, framing, gilcee printing and much more. Stop in to meet Susan if you are coming through Maryland
and experience this place for yourself.
Untill then, you can visit her website :http://susanmurphy.blogspot.com/





Link

3 comments:

  1. Wow thats quite the space ! Someday .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet!!! Wow, what a nice little write-up you gave me!! I am absolutely tickled to the point where I can't even tyupe!!! Thanks so much, and I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed meeting with you, and working with you so far on this BWS-workshop thing...it's going to be fun. Also, as you know, your blog inspired me to start blogging, and it's already been a very gratifying experience, after only three weeks. Love the pictures of the studio--they came out great!
    ---Sue Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky artist to have such a beautiful studio!

    ReplyDelete