Tuesday, April 27, 2010

von Furer Revisited

A little over a year ago, when I first started blogging, I wrote about an experience I had as a child. This was my first experience meeting a "real artist". I published the blog March 19, 2009 and I hope you dig back and look at it. Anyway, I found two photos from the time I wrote about and I'm very happy to share them with you. My dad took the photos, the first being one Mr. von Furer wanted to use in a promotion, the other just one of me and a girl my age from England who was vacationing with her family, too. For the record, I still stand with my hands in my pocket ,contrapositively, and I'm usually squinting at something !


2 comments:

  1. great post Janet. Certainly looks familiar. Guess I am not familiar with the artist but I can see why he would want the photo for publicity.
    Was over there yesterday. Cold and snowy. Togwotee was a bear. This morning it was same in Dubois with 60MPH wind, snow falling and temp of 20 degrees. Now that is more winter than spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gary !
    Ha! I knew you would recognize this. It's at Dornan's Chuckwagon/Spur ranch at Moose. You can see Meaners ferry in the back ground. I finally got the family to visit there a few years ago. "Memory lane". Know of any "artist in residence" programs in the area ?

    ReplyDelete