Friday, March 5, 2010


I just returned from the UPS store to ship my painting to the MO Watercolor Society's national show. I'm so nervous I feel like when my son missed the bus from school on the first day and we had just moved to a new state not knowing anyone. ( It really happened ). I felt sure that I packaged it really well until I had to get in the car to come home. Self doubted all the way and a nap on the couch didn't help. I wouldn't give it a thought but I've seen others paintings arrive to shows in condition not hangable ( Bonny, is that a word ?) And it's ma baby. Sigh...I'll find out Wednesday. 'Tll then...
It's BOX SHOW time again at The Artists' Gallery, 4 East Church St, Frederick, MD. Once again I went for the humorous instead of the serious but I'm almost outta puns where boxes come into play. So this year I thought to do something totally "unbox" which would mean something sphere like and the result is "The Bowling Cube". As one friend said referring to her own bowling skill, "I couldn't do much worse with that than a regular bowling ball". The reactions have been "LOL" enthusiastic so I figure it's a successful project. Saturday evening is the opening reception 5:00 to 8:00. Stop in if your in town. But don't forget the closing reception and silent auction at the end of the month. It's always a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment