Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Where did April Go ?... or...John Salminen Workshop






I don't know how April slipped by me. I tried to use an expired coupon yesterday only to realize I was a month behind...geez. I guess I was really busy and didn't notice.


One exciting event was the annual workshop held in conjunction with the Mid-Atlantic exhibition by whomever does the jurying. This year the honor went to John Salminen, the internationally well known painter from Minnesota. John & his wife Cathy, also a talented & well known photographer, wowed and informed a group of twenty five students from as far away as Florida and DENMARK. It was enlightning to just be in their presence ! John is probably best knoiwn for his urban watercolors but this workshop was intended to shake folks from their "comfort zone" and take away the fear of abstract painting. It worked. I believe twenty five students now have a new comfort zone after this experience.






No comments:

Post a Comment