Here's the latest. I still have some touch ups to do because I did a little experiment on it and now have to go back & fix some things. The top photo is the way it is now before fixes. The next photo is the way it was BEFORE the experiment.
I started the piece by putting salt & light pigment on the areas that are snow. I was very happy with the results and so thought when the rest was done I should go back and do some more salt there. Well, it didn't add anything more to the piece but taking off the salt residue afterwards lifted some of the color from the darkest areas so I need to go back in & tiddy up those spots.
Now HERE's a bit of FUN !! I found out via Facebook & Jane Freeman that Daniel Smith has these wonderful pages of dots. They are samples of all the watercolor pigments they make. Ya just take a wet brush & go over them to see what they look like & how they act on the paper. I had no idea that Daniel Smith made such beautiful colors. I've always used Winsor & Newton & some DiVinci before. Now I want ALL of these !!!