Monday, January 4, 2010

Burden of Genius

This is a wonderful talk by Elizabeth Gilbert, author of the book Eat, Pray, Love. I had seen the book but hadn't thought to buy it 'till today after listening to this short program. Although she is a writer, the points she makes hold true to creative folks of any medium. I think this is also timely with the beginning of a new year it gives us a new perspective, things to keep in mind when we start new work or go back to look at older pieces that perhaps didn't go as we planned. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I'm going back for another listen. Please let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Janet - happy new year!
    I just started The Creative Habit (Twyla Tharp) with the same idea--launch the year w/inpiration. Of course I'm still on chapter 1. lol.
    Love your photo of Maggie in the snow. Thanks for the link to E. Gilbert.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete