Monday, April 6, 2009

BWS Mid-Atlantic Regional



Yesterday was "drop off " day for the Baltimore Watercolor Society's annual exhibit at the Strathmore mansion in Rockville,MD. When I got there, the place was all ready filling up with absolutely fabulous watercolor paintings. The venue itself is worth the visit but this show is always sensory overload for anyone who enjoys watercolors. I try to visit several times, not so much to show off to friends ( well, yeah, ok. ) but I enjoy looking at other peoples work. I look to see how they handle some subjects or interpret different textures. Someone asked how to overcome "painters block",or a dry spell in what to paint. I always go to a gallery, either in person or on line and I come away wanting to jump right in again. I never seem to have a lack of ideas. My problem is remembering them later. If you are in the Washington,DC area this month try to catch the show. I promise you won't be dissapointed.

The show runs April 10 thru May 23.
Hours are : Monday,Tuesday,Thursday, Friday 10 a.m. -4 p.m.;
Wednesday 10 a.m.-9 p.m.;
Saturday 10 a.m. - 3p.m.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment