Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Art vs Oil Spill

This is a cropped version of a painting I did last year . I have loaded it to a Face Book group that hopes to raise money for the Gulf Spill victims. Paul Jackson from Missouri is leading the way and I invite all my artist friends to get on the site and upload an image. Not many of us can drive to the Gulf to help clean up...esp when the hole is still leaking,no, spewing oil and will for a couple more months! As artists, this what we can do and all of us, I dare say, have a spiritual connection with nature and this what we should do... if not more.
Please spread the word and do what you can to help. It effects the whole world.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=124568567574068

2 comments:

  1. janet - this is a beautiful and a heart-breaking image. thank for for the heart to have painted it. all my best - tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely painting Janet. Veri thoughtful too.

    ReplyDelete